Art is integral to everything we do. As such, we take great pleasure in providing exposure for emerging artists by printing artworks onto Avant Cards and we distribute them within our national venue network.
The Application Process
We aim to promote diversity and successful images are chosen based on their ability to inspire, intrigue or inform the general public.
Submitting artwork: Send 3 images of your best artworks as jpg, tif, pdf, eps or ai file formats (do not send website links). Please do not submit your holiday snaps!!!
What’s your story?: We’d love to know who you are, please include short bio about yourself and your art – this helps us with the selection process. This information will not be printed on the card. Include your website or blog if you have one.
The printed card (if accepted): Artwork is printed on the front of the card and artist/artwork information printed on the back.
Distribution: The final quantity of postcards we print per artwork varies due to print parameters, however we’ll print a minimum of 10,000 cards. Distribution is to a range of venues within the national network. Artists will receive 25 copies for their own record. Artists have the opportunity to purchase additional cards for their own use – POA.
Getting a reply: We will always email e reply to your application, but sometimes these emails can get stuck in your junk folder. If you haven’t had a response within 2 weeks of applying, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
A few rules…
- This project is only open to residents of Australia.
- There is no fee to artist, however artists have the opportunity to purchase extra samples.
- There is no payment by Avant Card to artist.
- We do not print without the artist’s final approval.
- Artist/artwork acceptance will be sole at the discretion of the Avant Card.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Artists maintains all copyright on their work.
- Responsibility for breach of copyright arising will lie solely with the contributor.
- By submitting any material to us for publishing you agree to hold us harmless from any claims that may be brought as a result of you having breached the copyright of any third party.
Disclaimer: The Artist Project is a very highly sought after opportunity that we offer, its very competitive, and often times it is a difficult process deciding which artwork is ultimately going to make it, as art is so subjective. We really try to do our best to portray a range of different works, styles and mediums, and we realise that anyone we do not accept will feel deflated and probably rejected… it is not a nice thing for us to send artists a “sorry you have not been accepted letter”, especially when we know how much effort, time and work goes into the creative process. In the event that your artwork is not accepted, Avant Card sincerely hope’s that you can understand and appreciate the difficult decision making process, and we would still encourage you to continue your artistic endeavours and to reapply in the future.